Le Méridien, a hotel brand originally from Paris, is currently represented by 100 properties in 50 countries and was acquired by Starwood Hotels & Resorts in November 2005.
We this weekend have had the luxury of knowing firsthand Le Méridien Barcelona, located in the heart of Barcelona, on the Ramblas being one of the most prestigious hotels in the city.
With a 5-star category, it has 231 rooms and suites distributed in its 9 floors.
From floor 1 to 5, most rooms are Deluxe, and from floor 6 to 9, suites and junior suites.
Le Méridien Barcelona
Everything we have explained so far, is important enough to be emphasized in this article, but we want to record our experience, at a more personal level, leaving a series of sensations, which normally do not stand out in the reviews of the hotels, after staying at Le Méridien Barcelona.
- The hotel has an optimal temperature, both in the common areas and in the rooms, something that increases the sensation that we mentioned in the travel diary to Barcelona, of being like at home.
- The carpet of the rooms gives it that homemade touch that we liked so much.
- Le Méridien Barcelona's bed has entered the ranking of the most comfortable beds We have tried.
- The wifi signal, so important to us, is ideal, both in the common areas, as in the room and on the terrace of it. Something to keep in mind when we have to work. - The detail of having a shower on the terrace, something very useful in summer.
- With all the details they have achieved a very classic, chic and cozy atmosphere that blends perfectly.
- Include in the room details like a complimentary Illy coffee maker with all kinds of coffees and teas is a success, there is nothing like enjoying the sunrise over Barcelona with a cup of good coffee in hand. If you stay at Le Méridien we tell you a secret: the power button is on the back of the coffee maker, next to the plug 🙂 We were looking for it for a while.
- Other details included in the room, which we believe are a detail are bathrobes and hair straighteners, something unusual in hotels and that for women with long hair is a luxury.
- If we have to look for a but to the rooms, this would be the bathroom light, a bit weak for my liking (Vanessa), and a woman needs a somewhat stronger light to put on makeup 🙂
- One of the things that have caught our attention is that despite having such a central location, full Rambla de Cataluña, it is not noisy, so that tranquility, both day and night, is assured.
- Enjoy a sunrise over Barcelona from the terrace of our room, a unique experience.
- Preserving details of the old Manila Hotel make Le Méridien a very special place.
According to our experience, without a doubt, Le Méridien Barcelona is a totally recommended hotel If you want to discover Barcelona, not only because of its location, but also because of everything it represents in general.
We do not want to close this article without thanking all the staff of Le Méridien, who treated us perfectly and in a very special way to Ana Miquel, who not only attended us upon our arrival, but also explained so many things and so good of Le Méridien Barcelona, which made us feel at home as soon as we arrived.
* During our getaway to Barcelona on a Weekend we stayed at Le Méridien Barcelona through a collaboration with this chain. This has not influenced the opinions that are reported here, which are all a summary of our experience and feelings during the stay.