This guide on how to get from Milan airport to downtown from the city or to your hotel, it will help you to carry out this transfer in the most comfortable and fast way, saving to the maximum, both time and money.
The first thing you should know is that Milan has three functional airports: Malpensa located 50 kilometers away, Linate 10 kilometers away and Bergámo 45 kilometers away, all of them well connected by public and private transport to the city center.
Malpensa International Airport is the one that receives the most traffic per year and has 2 terminals connected 24 hours a day with a free bus. Linate airport is most used for domestic flights and Bergamo airport is the one used by low cost companies such as Ryanair.
Based on the times we have landed in Malpensa and Bergamo, the first during our trip to Milan and Bergamo and the last on a trip to Lake Como, we show you all the options to make the transfer from Milan airport to downtown, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs and your trip.
How to get from Malpensa to Milan
To go from Malpensa airport to Milan you have all these transfer options:
- Train: The Malpensa Express will take you from the two terminals to the Central Station of Milan in 50 minutes for 13 euros, 20 euros, if you buy round trip.
There is another line of the same train that takes you in 30 minutes to the Cadorna Square stop, next to the Sforzesco Castle, for the same price.
- Bus: Terravision buses, which are synchronized with the arrival time of the flights, will take you in one hour to the central station for 8 euros, 14 euros if you buy round trip. You can book this bus online so you don't have to worry at the time of arrival.
Another popular bus is the Malpensa Shuttle, which will leave you at the central station in 50 minutes for 10 euros, 16 euros if you buy round trip.
- Private transfer: The most comfortable option to go from this Milan airport to the center is to book this private transfer, in which a driver will wait for you at the exit of the terminal and take you directly to the hotel.
- Cab: a taxi will take you in 50 minutes to the center for about 100 euros.
How to go from Linate to Milan
To go from Linate airport to Milan you have all these means of transport:
- Bus: Lines 73 and X73 (without intermediate stops) will leave you at Piazza San Babila, located near the center, in half an hour for 1.50 euros.
There are other companies like Starfly and Air Bus that leave you at the central station for 5 euros.
- Private transfer: You can book here the transfer that will take you directly to the door of your hotel in 25 minutes
- Cab: The price of a taxi is between 30 and 40 euros, depending on the traffic and the location of the hotel.
Recommended accommodation for the transfer from Milan airport to downtown
One of the best quality / price hotels that has communication with all the airports in Milan is the Andreola Central Hotel, located 200 meters from the central train station that in addition to its excellent location, has comfortable and spacious rooms, friendly staff and a quality and varied breakfast.
Once the issue of transfer from Milan airport to downtown and accommodation, you can prepare your routes around the city with these three optimized guides: