Day 27: Visit Uxmal in Yucatán - Celestún
Upon arrival at the ticket office of the archaeological site they inform us that you have to pay a couple of tickets: one is for the local government and another for the state government, paying 70 pesos in the first entry and 153 pesos per person in the second.
And so, with our tickets we access Uxmal in Yucatan, the most important archaeological site of the Puuc Route, which we visited yesterday.
Tips for visiting Uxmal in Yucatán
_ The schedule of Uxmal in Yucatán is from 8 am to 5 pm, extending the schedule with the light and sound show that takes place every night.
- The ticket price is 70 pesos per person for the local government and 153 pesos per person for the state government. Therefore, the total you will have to pay to access Uxmal is 223 pesos per person.
- If you want to avoid meeting many people and most organized groups that visit the archaeological site, we recommend you sleep in an area near Uxmal. The truth is that there is not much to choose from and 99% of the accommodations are quite expensive. Although as an exception you have the Hotel Casa del Mago, where we have stayed tonight, with a very good quality / price ratio and that is only 200 meters from the entrance of the archaeological site.
- At the entrance to the archaeological site of Uxmal, if you are the first to visit the Puuc Route, you will find yourself at the entrance of an amusement park. They have all the services you can imagine: restaurants, cafeteria, shops, beverage machines, ATM ... Nothing to do with the rest of the archaeological sites we have visited, where there are practically no services, although according to our point of view, they are much more attractive and authentic.
- If you can, being Uxmal the archaeological site of the Puuc Route larger or probably more impressive, we recommend you to do the tour as we have done. Visiting the little ones first, to end up visiting Uxmal in Yucatan. We believe that by doing so, you will be in continuous amazement.
- The best views of the Casa del Adivino and the entire site you will have from the Governor's Palace. On the other hand, if you want a perspective of the whole area of the Great Pyramid, from the Quadrangle of the Nuns, in the highest part, you can enjoy beautiful views.