We know to make a list of places where to eat in Madrid and making a selection of recommended restaurants in the city is an impossible mission and even, we would almost dare to say, crazy, since we would never end.
Despite that and considering that we are great fans of gastronomy and Madrid has an impressive gastronomic offer, which we believe, is one of the best ways to know the city, after several trips to the capital, we want to leave you a selection from restaurants to eat in Madrid, we are sure, they will not let you down.
Basic tips for eating at restaurants in Madrid
Starting from the base that one of the best things to see and do in Madrid especially to gain strength after following the list of places to visit in Madrid is to enjoy its cuisine, we believe that it is best not to leave this point at random and Take at least some recommendations to be able to enjoy the experience to the fullest.
Though eat in Madrid It does not represent any problem or need special advice, we do believe it is important to keep some things in mind to avoid surprises.
- If you are going to visit any of the most recommended restaurants where to eat in Madrid, it is important to book in advance since most of them usually have the full room, especially weekends and holidays.
- In these cases, another option is to go at noon, when they usually have more free tables.
- If your visit to Madrid includes the StreetXo restaurant, it is important to know that it does not accept reservations, so due to the large influx of people that it usually has, it is highly recommended to go during the week and be there about 30-45 minutes before the Opening time. So you make sure you enter the first turn.
- In the Madrid restaurants, as in Spain, the tip is not mandatory, although it is true that it is advisable to leave it and it will be very well received if you liked the food and the service. In this case with 5-10% of the total is correct.
- Although we know that there are places that may sound very touristy, especially if it is your first trip to Madrid, we recommend you to try it. With this we refer to, for example, San Gines, to eat its famous cheers with chocolate or La Campana, to taste a delicious squid sandwich.
- In some restaurants in Madrid It is common for them to put a small entree, such as a snack, and that this is later included in the final account. The most normal thing is that you eat it and pay for it, but if you don't want it, let us know in advance to avoid surprises.
- Another recommendation and even for Madrid, is to use the BNEXT card to get money and the N26 card to pay, since with these you will save all commissions if you travel abroad and of course, you can also use them in Spain.
- You have all the details of both cards in the post The best cards to travel without commissions.
- If you especially like gastronomy or want to enjoy the best options from an expert, it can be very interesting to book this Madrid tapas tour or this gastronomic tour: wine, ham and more.
Map recommended restaurants in Madrid
We leave you the location of the restaurants where to eat in Madrid that we have recommended throughout this post.
If we do not indicate otherwise, in all restaurants you can pay by credit card.
You can leave us your recommendations about where to eat in Madrid and recommended restaurants on the comments.