In this guide on what to see in New York in 5 days you will tour a large part of the best known sites of the city of Dreams. In the previous 4 days you will have crossed out points from this list of things to do in New York, so this last day we will mark it as Sunday, being able to take advantage of visiting some special places such as the Harlem area and Central Park, and then end the day watching a Broadway show.
Guide of the first 4 days in New York
Route day 1: Times Square, Broadway, west part of Central Park, 5th Avenue, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockfeller Center and Top of the Rock viewpoint. (More info here)
Route day 2: Contrast Tour (Bronx and Queens), DUMBO area in Brooklyn, Brooklyn Bridge and viewpoints. (More info here)
Route day 3: 11S Memorial and Museum, Financial District, Helicopter Tour, Battery Park and Staten Island Ferry. (More info here)
Route day 4: Cruise through Manhattan, High Line, Chelsea Market, Greenwich Village, Soho, Tribeca, China Town and Little Italy. (More info here)
Save money in New York
There are several cards that allow you to enjoy discounts and save time by skipping the lines of the most important attractions in New York.
- Booking the New York Explorer Pass allows you to enter 3, 4, 5, 7 or 10 of the main attractions with great flexibility being able to choose the tickets among the 58 available attractions, until the last minute.
Extended information in this post about the New York Explorer Pass: how it works, what it includes and prices.
- Booking the CityPass allows you to enter 6 of the most visited attractions in New York at a price 42% cheaper.
More information in this post about the New York CityPASS: how it works, what it includes and prices.
- Booking the New York Pass allows you to enter more than 80 attractions in New York, you can take the 1,2,3,5,7 or 10 days.
You can complete the information with this post about the New York Pass: how it works, what it includes and prices.
- If you do not want to pay commissions when taking money from New York ATMs and always have the current exchange, we recommend using the N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to take money, our two favorite cards for travel.
You can find much more information in the post of the best cards to travel without commissions.
- If you want to have internet in New York, a good option is to buy a Holafly SIM card, with which you will have internet from the moment you land, several GB of data, keeping your WhatsApp number and support service in Spanish. You can buy your Holafly prepaid SIM card here with a 5% discount for being our reader.
For more recommendations you can consult this post of tips for traveling to New York essential.
What to see in New York in 5 days
The route of the 5th day in New York begins as every day in your accommodation. As we always commented, we recommend you, to make the most of the time, especially if it is your first visit to New York, book in the Times Square area. In our case we stayed at the Holiday Inn Times Square, with a perfect quality / price ratio, especially if you book early.
There are many things to see and do in Harlem. Being Sunday you must have a red mark attending a Gospel Mass in Harlem, since they are only celebrated this day in the morning, although in some church you can find a session in the afternoon.
There are two alternatives to attend these masses: on your own or by hiring a Harlem tour that also includes the mass and is considered one of the best tours in New York, with which you should not worry about anything, since they even pick you up at the hotel.
After having seen a great show, whatever you have chosen, you can end this trip to New York in 5 days, with a big smile, having the conviction of having enjoyed the Big Apple to the fullest.
A good option if this is your first time in the city is to book this one-day guided tour in Spanish to see some of the most interesting places in the city knowing its history and curiosities.
If you have one more day you can follow the New York guide in 6 days.