There are countless things what to see and do in Venice, the city of canals, lovers and one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We have made a list of 50 things to see and do, making a selection of the ones we liked most on our trip to Venice, where we also visited the beautiful villages of Murano and Burano, two essentials from Venice.
1. Find the Scala Contarini del Bovolo, a beautiful spiral staircase.
2. See the "Assumption" of Titian and his mausoleum in the essential Santa María Gloriosa dei Frari.
3. Take a gondola ride through the narrowest canals of Venice, one of the best things to do in Venice.
4. See the famous Bridge of Sighs, which owes its name to the sighs of prisoners who last saw the sky and the sea.
5. Cross the canal with a traghetto, for one euro you will go on a gondola.
6. Save the map and get lost in the streets and canals of Venice. A great option to learn more about history and not miss anything about the city is to book this free tour of Venice Free! or this free tour of the legends of Venice, both with a guide in Spanish.
More things to see and do in Venice
11. Enter the Basilica of Santa María della Salute and look at the works of Titian on the roof.
12. Cross the beautiful wooden bridge of the Academy and do not stop taking pictures of the Grand Canal.
13. Visit Ca 'Rezzonico, a 17th-century Venetian palace and one of the most beautiful in the city.
14. Tour the entire Grand Canal on the Vaporetto, one of the best things to do in Venice. If you are going to use the Vaporetto by the Grand Canal or to go to the nearby islands, it is advisable to buy this transport card that gives unlimited access to the vaporetto for 1, 2, 3 or 7 days.
45. Buy a Murano glass figurine, a typical souvenir of Venice.
46. Sucking your fingers with Suso Gelatoteca's ice cream.
47. See the original sculptures of the Horses of San Marcos in the museum of the Basilica of San Marcos.
48. Visit the Basilica of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, the largest in Venice.
49. Disconnect from Venice by visiting the Island of San Michele or «The Island of the Dead», where the cemetery is located with buried celebrities such as Stravinski.
50. Do not worry if we hear alarm sirens, it is possible that the Acqua Alta phenomenon begins and there are flooded areas such as Plaza San Marcos, but the walkways are already prepared so that we do not need the water boots.
* Book your transfer Airport ⇆ Venice Center here
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Venice, add yours in the comments.
** All photographs have been provided by Shutterstock